• Welcome to The Campaign Builder's Guild.

Weird Western Races and Weird Western Spellcasting?

Started by LoA, August 04, 2017, 04:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoA

So my races include:

Humans
Dhampir: Vampirism is a disease in this world, and while many have been successfully cured, some people are never quite rid of the symptoms completely.
Madill: Small Armadillo people that hail from the southern deserts in Desvelado.
Clockpunks: "Race" is probably a strong word, but clockpunks are essentially clockwork cyborgs.
Gatorfolk: Essentially Lizardfolk who dwelt for a long time down in the Swamps of Desvelado, before migrating north into the deserts. Not actually crocodillians but have a culture that heavily revolves around alligators.
Ligapasado: Ancestor bound humans from Desvelado with strong ties to their kin spirits, these folk gain some of their ancestors abilities.

And those are my better ideas. You'll notice that the vast majority came from my Quasi Mexican/Aztec state. I need to flavor my northern counterpart much better.

Also I'm having a bit of a stickler right now. My world is primarily based around alchemical guns, and since that's basically what spellcasters are for, what kind of roles would spellcasters fill in this magitech world, besides as technology support? Would there be traditional wizards and sorcerers, or would you go in a different direction? The main thing that I'm going for is that more studious and intelligent based magic is at odds with more primal charismatic/wisdom based magic such as druidism and other such sects. Both sides have points to make, but both sides are also stubborn.

Ghostman

Shapeshifting and transforming magic seems like an obvious niche. Curses and how to lift them. Nature-based magic that can make the environment itself friendly (or hostile) toward you.
¡ɟlǝs ǝnɹʇ ǝɥʇ ´ʍopɐɥS ɯɐ I

Paragon * (Paragon Rules) * Savage Age (Wiki) * Argyrian Empire [spoiler=Mother 2]

* You meet the New Age Retro Hippie
* The New Age Retro Hippie lost his temper!
* The New Age Retro Hippie's offense went up by 1!
* Ness attacks!
SMAAAASH!!
* 87 HP of damage to the New Age Retro Hippie!
* The New Age Retro Hippie turned back to normal!
YOU WON!
* Ness gained 160 xp.
[/spoiler]